What is Cashless Catering?
- The Trust-e Cashless Catering System provided by Nationwide Retail Systems Limited will soon be used by our catering team.
- This System will reduce queues at lunch time, provide anonymous free school meals to pupils and allow monies to be pre-paid for dinner money.
- We anticipate that the system will “Go Live” at the beginning of June.
- We will shortly be sending you a letter explaining more and asking your permission to register your child to use our new system.
What does this mean for me?
- You will not use cash at Break time or Lunch time
- You will bring your money in at the beginning of the week and load it into a Cash Machine. These will be found in Upper and Lower School Social Areas at Upper School, and in the Hall at Lower School
- The Cashless Catering System will recognise you through a ‘Biometric’ system. This is a ‘digital’ image of your fingerprint – but NOT your actual fingerprint
- You will be able to spend your money at Break time and Lunch time, but will not be allowed to spend more than £5 per day
- If you are eligible for Free School Meals, we will add this to your account in the System and you will be able to ‘buy’ a lunch as everyone else does. You can still put money into your account and spend it at Break time
- We are writing to your parents this week to explain everything. We need them to fill a form in allowing us to register your Biometric fingerprint. Please make sure that your parents send the form back into school
What are the benefits of the Trust-e Cashless System?
- Increased speed of service reducing queuing times
- Increased uptake on Free School Meals
- Anonymity on Free School Meals reducing bullying
- No need to carry cash preventing loss/theft
- Automatic alerts to stop pupils purchasing allergy trigger items
- Students learn about important lifestyle control by monitoring their own accounts
- Reporting facilities help decrease wastage and improve the overall efficiency of the meal service