Thank you for your interest in our school and I hope that this web site will give you an idea of the caring, supportive and vibrant community that is Small Heath School.
Our aim is simple - to do the best we can for our children. We have a reputation for doing well.
‘Leaders, teachers and parents expect every student to achieve highly. …Students get the support and help they need to make excellent progress’ Ofsted 2014.
We believe that children develop best in an atmosphere where they are loved and well disciplined. This means being tough on work and behaviour whilst caring deeply for the welfare of each child in our school family.
We work in partnership with our parents, at all times encouraging the children to be successful. Our expectations of performance and standards of behaviour are high. We are very proud of our school.
We can offer some of the best educational opportunities in Birmingham, dedicated and gifted teachers, an extended school day and every opportunity to study and learn both in school and through visits and expeditions.
The school is directed by Governors who are parents or who work and employ people in the community. They are proud of our children's achievements and are determined to keep Small Heath School among the best.
We look forward to welcoming you and your family to our school.
Mr T Wilson
- To work with parents and our community to motivate and enable each pupil to achieve his/her highest intellectual, physical, spiritual and moral potential.
- To develop a learning culture which uses all aspects of modern technology with the best in traditional methods to maximise effective delivery of a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum.
- To provide the best possible educational environment and resources for our pupils.
- To offer, with the active participation of sponsors from commerce and industry, additional opportunities for achievement in Technology, Science and Mathematics.
- To utilise our resources, as opportunity permits, for the education, development and well-being of our local community.
The school provides an exceptionally high quality of education for its students... They make outstanding academic progress... Teachers have very high expectations for what students can achieve and develop excellent working relationships... Students are very proud of their school and their behaviour is exemplary... The Sixth Form is outstanding and students make excellent progress’Ofsted, 2013,
Aims of Our School
- Nurture a love of learning
- Develop innovation and creativity in enquiring minds within a 'family' atmosphere of care, mutual trust and respect
- Develop a school which is a place where all enjoy the opportunity to develop, through mutual support and respect, to become confident, responsible, enterprising, independent life long learners and good citizens
- Promote a safe learning environment, both physically and emotionally
- Be a recognised centre of excellence for the academic, cultural, personal and social development of all pupils
- Expect high standards of understanding and respect for the religious and moral values of the pupils' own and other cultures
- Maintain and develop a dynamic and motivated staff, involved in their own professional development
- Promote a collegiate approach to learning through our partnerships with local schools and colleges
- Become a school for the future equipped to prepare our students for the rapidly changing needs of the work place and life in general
We serve the community and work with parents to help all pupils grow into mature, responsible adults and good citizens.
As partners in learning we should:
We do our best to make school as challenging, rewarding and fulfilling as possible for each pupil.
Our Heads Team
Mrs Shanaz KhanHead Teacher
Mr James LudlowDeputy Head Teacher
Mrs Sue SmithDeputy Head Teacher
Mrs Frances WilsonDeputy Head Teacher
Mr Simon AdamsAssistant Head Teacher
Mr Guy BrentnallAssistnat Head Teacher
Mr Lee SimsAssistant Head Teacher
Mr Tim SmithAssistant Head Teacher
Mrs Barbara CrozierBusiness Manager